empowering personal freedom
empowering your personal freedom
Robert James Consultancy
Psychology Inspired Consultancy and Coaching for Business leaders
Robert James Consultancy provides both Interim Leadership and Leadership Consultancy to business owners / directors. The aim of this service is to provide managing directors and owners with a flexible and cost effective management resource on an interim basis, who are seeking to fill a management gap, support with new project management and implementation or provide leadership for a period support whilst a business is up scaling. Robert would build a solid relationship with the CEO or Director, and provide advice and consultancy in a way that is flexible and supports business requirements.
This work might seek to support the following business objectives;
- Provide flexible and focussed interim management as an alternative to a PAYE management role or to support an absence or management gap
- An independent non Exec role who can support a business owner with commercial and strategy planning and for annual budget planning.
- Supporting a CEO or business owner to assess management team and support with recruitment
- Support fast growing businesses with effective risk and governance frameworks and structures appropriate for size
- Provide management team individual or team psychology informed coaching
- Business development and branding work for greater impact and business growth
Typically, the time commitment to any business would be between 4 – 10 hours a week.
Robert James Consultancy and leadership experience
Robert has over 9 years’ experience as a CEO for a third sector social enterprise The Counselling Foundation (TCF) which grew from £600k turnover in 2012 to £1.6m turnover in 2018, and by 2018 TCF was supported by over 200 staff and people. Prior to this Robert held leadership roles at Barclays Bank PLC and Samaritans. As CEO at TCF Robert oversaw a sold change management programme including a rebranding and expansion of the business, as well a professional management team in line with supporting a medium sized enterprise. He strengthened the commercial side of the business, doubling the training and education business arm and in open procurement winning new NHS contracts with Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire NHS PCTS worth £800k per annum.
Examples of Robert James Consultancy
Since September 2021 Robert has provided leadership support to two co-founders of a Hertfordshire marketing agency in a consultancy role for 8 hours a month. Robert seeks to support the founders with strategy planning sessions, as well as providing advice and guidance on risk and governance matters. Over the past 4 months has supported the business to identify and plan for business risks which has enabled the business owners to feel more confident in risk mitigation of business planning and subsequently, scale the business focus through project expansion and taking on staff. This project included bringing in a marketing colleague to support a new digital marketing strategy.
Robert provided a 6 month interim leadership role for a mental health organisation in London during Q2 and Q3 2021. In this role Robert provided the Board with an audit of management skillset and business strategy planning. This planning work resulted in recruiting a new team and delivering a business development strategy focussed on social media marketing campaign for growth. Within 6 months, the client pipeline was increased by 50%. Robert supported the Board for business resilience with identified a new Director to take the organisation forward to next stage of development.
Robert currently provides advice, training and consultancy on clinical matters to an international educational organisation that enables international young people to live and school in Eire and the UK.
Robert is supported by a team of professionals with specialist skills who can work with businesses leaders to enrich their personal effectiveness, communication and resilience skills to improve business outcomes.
Simone Cameron is a communication and strategy coach. She works with business leaders and executives with the aim of enhancing their business impact. Simone has worked for leading companies in senior communication positions and was director of her own technology company. She lectured for University of Hertfordshire in enterprise, marketing and employability.
Robert James Consultancy is a trading name of Psychology Inspired Consultancy Limited company number 12374385
“The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded”
The coaching can be structured over a fortnightly or monthly structure for individuals. For groups a half day training can be structured for a maximum of 8 people. This half day work shop training, Inspiring Stronger Relationships At Work Coaching methodology, provides practical counselling and coaching tools to increase personal impact and drawing on the models of CBT and Transactional analysis. It also allows people to work with others, and experiential group learning.
Coaching can provide greater clarity in thinking and confidence in action
What makes our coaching work different is our aim to inspire leaders and teams to further develop positive and optimistic relationships, enabling confidence that benefits clients, colleagues and personal impact.
Why a relationship focussed coaching model? When relationships are good within a business, people are more engaged at work and teams are more happy and effective. Research supports how strong relationships is a business critical factor to success. The Harvard Business Review survey 2019 across 160 industries concludes for Executives that strengthened relationships are central to their personal success.
Further, businesses that have a culture of nourishing relationships help to build a sense of purpose and well-being. Direct business benefits of enhanced relationships include facilitation of learning and knowledge sharing between teams, increased employee retention and improved organisation performance. These workplaces also have reduced levels of stress which can lead to cost savings through lost employee days at work and sick leave.
The coaching model provides more flexibility in the engagement which might suit individuals who have busy lives and are time poor. The work structure can be; fortnightly, monthly or within half day workshop sessions.
Benefits of the coaching
- POSITIVE SELF-AWARENESS; Identify strengths and relationship beliefs to overcome personal blocks to enhance personal impact and performance in work relationships. Understand how past relationships influence and inform our present relationships
- RESILIENCE BUILDING understanding pressure points in work relationship situations. Develop tools and skills to build strength and confidence in working with customers and colleagues.
- AWARENESS FOR LEADERSHIP understand and build upon your ‘Inner leadership team’; techniques to access a broader range of inner qualities and skills so that with greater insight and increased clarity you have the freedom to live a more authentic life.
Inspiring Stronger Relationships at Work Coaching
This coaching model inspires and helps further develop positive and optimistic relationships, enabling tools and confidence that will make the individual more effective in the workplace and change that benefits key relationships at work, and make the business more effective.
This coaching approach brings together models from psychotherapy, neuroscience and coaching and allows the individual to transform relationships through better awareness and use of new practical techniques. Coaching will help you identify strengths and relationship beliefs to overcome personal blocks to enhance personal impact and performance in work relationships. Understand how past relationships influence and inform our present relationships.
Benefits of this coaching model
- Better understand your personal dynamics in relationship with others and early scripts and messages from childhood that can create self sabotaging patterns in relation to accessing personal power.
- Build assertiveness in communication and conflict handling. Introducing the parent, adult and child mode of communication, within the transactional analysis model (TA). How neuroscience helps better understand pressure and stress responses in work relationships and how to reduce pressure in relationships.
- Build a medium life plan or map for enhanced positive relationships , visualising goals and blocks and so you can better articulate your goals.
This work seeks to build insight and awareness in leaders and managers, so that they can become more resilient when faced with pressures in the workplace. This coaching model focusses on reviewing competing commitments in leadership roles and how this impacts on personal well being, for example, from responsibilities to work and responsibilities to self, or how to build compassion and emotional intelligence within a culture of performance and results.
Benefits of the coaching
- Understanding your pressure and stress triggers. What beliefs or interpretations you will have of this event and the resulting consequences that can lead to distress.
- Reducing distress levels through greater self awareness and understanding competing commitments.
- The training will also integrate exciting thinking from Neuroscience which helps us understand the flight, fight or freeze responses we have, and impact on personal anxiety.
- Learning about the ‘inner leadership team’ model and through this self awareness broaden your access to both inner and outer support. How broadening the influences of the ‘inner leadership team’ this can facilitate greater choice and improve personal impact in the working world.
- Develop a personal resilience plan that also seeks to enhance balance in your life.